Friday, September 18, 2015

Fruits of Autumn

Now that we've settled back into our crazy school routine, I can focus a little on autumn that has hit us full force. Rainy days, cool nights, leaves falling, apples ripe and ready. My favourite season, but I never seem to have enough time to properly enjoy it. 

I've been harvesting at the allotment. It's been a small harvest this year, the onions and courgettes are the only thing that did well, but it's my first year and I've learned a lot. I still need to dig up my potatoes. Only one row made it, the other row planted didn't come up at all for some unknown reason. 

We discovered a pick your own corn field near our fave petting zoo. A huge bag of corn for 20 euros, amazing. And a local field to pick free sunflowers, love free produce.



Fave new purchase, a huge griddle from a friend who was sadly leaving the country. But I think of them everytime I use it. Still can't make pancakes or French toast fast enough to feed my monsters though. 


First pumpkin of the season. Don't think mine are going to ripen at the allotment as I got them in too late. Made a lovely corn bread chorizo stuffing with it and still have some in the fridge for pumpkin bread, that I can't eat. Gluten free sucks sometimes. 

First bottle of apple juice from our trees. It was a bit sour so I added honey and made it into apple gummies for Pudding's birthday party.  

The Barnacle Geese are heading to the winter home.



Our resident hare is loving the windfall apples.


And Pudding is loving the puddle jumping. 


Pudding's birthday party.



Playing with parachutes. 


Just love the autumn light here. 



Spinning girls. 


 


I hope you are getting a chance to enjoy all the fruits of autumn. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...