Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Getting a Grip

Pudding's 9 month photo:


She's got her two top teeth (ouch), can sit up from lying down and vice versa, pull herself up onto her knees on her own and up to her feet with our hands. She's unstoppable, so the stair gate has gone up and the cot mattress down. 

With all this development she's struggling to go to sleep. Not only when the Weans are causing havoc. They have tried really hard to be quiet (telly has helped) but she wakes at any little sound. Last week I couldn't get her to sleep longer than 20-30 minutes maybe once a day. Yesterday she slept for 2.5 hours after have a 10 minute nap in 7.5 hours, so I'm hoping we reset her somehow. 

Her not sleeping means I wasn't getting anything done: cooking with her on my hip or in between crying fits. No cleaning. I've had to find easier recipes for my meal plan this week as I just haven't had time. We've been trying to replace snacks and breakfasts this week. I've told the kids I'm not buying any more of their over-processed, over-sugared cereals. They won't eat the yummy granola I've made, so I'm on the hunt for unsugared puffed rice and corn flakes. Need to hit some health stores later. I've been making French toast a bit more, trying to get into the habit of cooking a quick breakfast. 

We've had a bubble frenzy lately. Full marks to the cheap dollar store bubble maker. Saves me some time, money and breath. They always spill the regular bubble container. This one I screw on tight and they can do it themselves. 










I've been trying harder with the kids: to put my expectations of them on a more realistic level, not expecting them to remember to be quiet for the baby for a long time. Hence the telly going on when I'm trying to settle her. I'm also trying to point out good behaviour more, keep my instructions simpler and to just stay calm when everything is going wrong. 

I've also given up trying to run them ragged. It seems to make them super-hyper. So we do one physical thing a day, a lighter one if we go out for appointments or long errands. We're doing better, but always room for improvement. Hopefully Pudding sleeping better will set off a domino fall of happy Clan behaviour. 

Other silliness from the last week:







The Chief made the kids a fairy house and dinosaur cave. Unfortunately the fairy house has had more snail visitors than fairies that we know of.  



There was a very posed sword fight at the weekend. Mouse and Bump have some fancy moves. Foo is more likely to employ his mother's chaos theory when engaging. 










Is it just me or does Pudding look a bit bloody thirsty here?
From my little demons to yours. Have a good one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...