Thursday, January 2, 2014

Normal Transmission Resumes 2014

With only a few days left before this kids go back to nursery and school, we've had a wee taster of going back to our normal routine. Ok, it was just a little step: the Chief went back to work. In the past few weeks when he's been home and we've had no school run I forgot how tiring it is having all 4 kids home on my own. 

It isn't helped by the fact that Pudding has decided that the kids are just too noisy for her nap time so will only be fed to sleep upstairs in our room. Which will be fine when I'm on my own, but when the older ones are tearing the place down or fighting over a speck of dust, I can't always down tools and go up to feed her. It's much easier to shout orders from the living room than from the darkened bedroom. 

We've had a quiet, but crazy Christmas. More about that later. 

My laptop's connection cable also decided to give up the ghost, so I was computer-less for the entire holiday fortnight. Of course, I wasn't totally unconnected, my phone has internet access, but I couldn't download my Christmas photos except my poor quality Instagram photos, and was squinting at the tiny screen and struggling with the even more minuscule buttons. Doesn't really make for easy use, but it does keep me sane during the frequent dark room breast-feeding. 

I haven't had a chance to download photos, so there's Christmas madness to come. 

In the meantime, I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy 2014. Long may your lum reek. And all that jazz. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...