Friday, May 10, 2013

Three Years in Finland

As I said in my last post we've now been in Finland for 3 years. It feels strange to think that Bump has spent her entire life here and knows little of Scotland, that Foo has been here over half of his life and Mouse just short of that. Finland is now our home, even though it started off as just a short adventure. 

I also realised today that I have been living in Europe for one year longer than I lived in the United States where I was born and grew up. This isn't what I imagined for myself when I was a child, but it's a good life even if a bit bumpy at times. But then again, would I enjoy it as much if life didn't keep things unexpected and exciting? 

Here are some random photos of our three years here. 

First job when arriving in our new house in Finland. 

First morning waking up in their new beds. 

It's easy to forget how pregnant I was when we arrived (7 and a half months) and how stressful it all was figuring out how to have a baby in this country. 

But it was all worth it in the end.


There was a lot to get used to. All the snow and cold, the layers upon layers of winter clothes. 


New modes of transport to get used to.

But there were so many positives, adventures, new friends, opportunities we'd never have if we had stayed in Scotland and not risked so much coming to Finland. 







We've learned so much and changed as a family, realising that we could survive so many crazy challanges. And it's only the beginning and there's so much more to do, see and explore that we can't help but be excited and overwhelmed. 

To the future and beyond. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...