Friday, June 29, 2012

Bursts of Light and Energy

I'm a woman on a mission. Don't ask me what that mission is but I have had a burst of energy and ideas and revamped my mornings. After the school run, which is thankfully over this week, I come home to tidy up the kitchen from the breakfast explosion, empty and refill the dishwasher, put on a load of laundry and then I do more cleaning. Seems mad, especially if you know me, but I've decided to tackle one thing a day: the kitchen, toilets, floors, upstairs, windows, etc and do them really well. It has helped to keep on top of the constant tidying. There's still clutter, I can't seem to escape that, but I'm feeling like I've accomplished something. 

It only takes about 20 minutes and then I'm free to exercise. Yes, me, exercise. Several people have recommended the 30 Day Shred to help lose weight and tone so at a whim I tried it. It's killer, none of the moves are terribly complicated, but the idea is too keep you moving and working for 20 minutes. But I'm actually enjoying the wee buzz from it. Now that we have a car and I'm not pushing 2 kids on a buggy, I definitely need a bit more exercise. And I have a wedding in August I'd like to look good for, so I've done 3 of the 30 days and am tired, but still enjoying it, well, as much as you can enjoy exercise. 

Foo and Bumpshie join in with the exercise and sometimes the cleaning, but they are getting really good at playing together. Often they just go off to their playroom for 20 minutes and play with their toys while I buzz around with the mop or do 50 gazillion jumping jacks. 

Last night when the Weans were asleep and the Chief was preoccupied with his computer shenanigans, I was witness to a brilliant and unexpected light show. Unfortunately not the Northern Lights, which we have yet to see in this country, but a sunset reflected in a a heavy, rolling storm cloud. It was an amazing whirlwind of colours. 

Have a great weekend. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...