Sunday, March 18, 2012

Proof of Spring

Sometimes it's easy for me to forget that we've had a short winter this year, compared to last year's 5 straight months of snow. We've only had snow since the beginning of the year, but have had more fall in this shorter time. 

But the recent days of constant above zero temps has finally started the thaw. 

Some proof from the Chief and I: mainly for ourselves and it's hard to believe this country will ever be green again. 



Hope you all had a nice St Patrick's Day and Mother's Day, if you're in the UK. I fancied a bit of American-style Corned Beef and Cabbage, just because I haven't had it in about 20 years, but it's impossible to get here. So with the wonders of the internet I found a few recipes and decided to corn one myself. I even made Irish Soda Bread. They actually turned out pretty good. Even though the beef wasn't pink, due to the lack of salt peter it tasted just right. 

Ok, my presentation wasn't up to much, but who has time to be pretty with 3 munchkins. I was the only one crazy about the beef, but everyone liked the bread which is a good thing as I have a ton of it. 

Enjoy what's left of your weekend. I've got some chocolate and 100s of photos to wade through, so that's my Sunday night sorted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...